Baltic Leadership Programme on Smart Specialisation
Policy Area Innovation is, together with the Swedish Institute, the Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth, and CPMR – Baltic Sea Commission, arranging a Baltic Leadership Programme on Smart Specialisation Strategies (BLP S3).
Over the last few years Smart Specialisation has become a key instrument for place-based development. It now represents the most comprehensive policy experience on innovation-driven development in Europe. In reaction to this, the Swedish Institute together with collaboration partners is developing a Baltic Leadership Programme on Smart Specialisation (BLP S3). BLP S3 will address the needs and challenges of S3-stakeholders in the Baltic Sea Region when designing, implementing and monitoring Specialisation Strategies.
Who can attend?
The programme will primarily be targeting S3-strategists and regional developers located in the Baltic Sea Region.
What’s in it for me?
- Expert overviews of key frameworks and analytical tools
- Hands-on work with developing and reviewing your S3
- Further development of your own leadership in relation to S3
- Practical tips and tools from other S3-stakeholders and experts on designing, implementing and monitoring your Specialisation Strategy
- Insights into interregional and transnational dimensions of S3 (f.ex. value chains, collaborations, etc.)
- Comprehensive interrogations of S3-related concepts (such as stakeholder involvement, entrepreneurial discovery, good governance, etc.)
- A broader network of peers to mentor and coach you over time
When, where and how much?
Participation is free of charge (and includes hotel costs), but participants must cover their own travel costs. Specific dates and locations for the two modules will be specified over the coming weeks (first half of June).
Module 1: October 2018 in Malmö (tbd)
Module 2: December 2018 in Gdansk (tbd)
How do I register?
Applications may be submitted from early July. More information on this procedure and specific dates will be communicated shortly. To keep updated visit www.si.se/blp or contact Gabor Schneider, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +46-8-453 78 59, Mobil: +46-732-318521